STEVANA, launching, sponsor at bow, 1930
Rosenfeld and Sons
USA, NY, Morris Heights
Kodak safety film
overall: 10 x 8 in.; 25.4 x 20.32 cm
8 x 10 Kodak safety negative taken by Rosenfeld and Sons on May 1, 1930. View of an unidentified sponsor at the launching of the 135 foot motor yacht, STEVANA. Woman seen holding several dozen roses and a bottle of champagne posed on a platform near the bow of the vessel. STEVANA was built at Consolidated Shipbuilding Company, Morris Heights, New York. She was owned by Edward S. Harkness, son of Stephen V. and Anna M. Harkness, and his wife Mary Stillman Harkness, residents of Eolia (now known as Harkness Memorial State Park) of Waterford, Conn. Typed on original negative sleeve: "37993 5/1/30 / 2048-17 / Consolidated Shipbuilding Co Stevana 135' launching / Wheeler boat / Sponsor". CREDIT LINE: Mystic Seaport, Rosenfeld Collection.
Mystic Seaport, Rosenfeld Collection