New York Yacht Club Station No. 7, 1896
black-and -white negativePHOTOGRAPHS - GLASS NEGATIVES
Bolles, Charles Edwin
USA, MA, Martha's Vineyard
emulsion on glass
overall: 8 x 10 in.
8x10 glass negative photographed by Charles Edwin Bolles in 1896. Image is a view from the water of the New York Yacht Club Station No. 7 building up on pilings over water. To the left on a dock is a large sign that states: "...Float Is For The USE Of The / [MEM]BERS Of The N.Y. Yacht Club / [A]ND THEIR GUESTS". To the edge of the neg. on the right is a partial view of a building with: "MA... / STEA. / LI...." printed on the roof. In the background to the right of the station on a small hill with a 2 story home with a widows walk at the top. Station No. 7 was established in 1892 at Vineyard Haven on Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts on the "New York Dock." This station was closed in 1917. Handwritten neg. sleeve info.: "Y981 / N.Y.Y.C. / Stat. 7 / Box 100." Handwritten info. emul. margin: "Copyright '96 / 504." Typed adhered caption to surface: "504 " " " " 7,". CREDIT LINE: Mystic Seaport, Rosenfeld Collection, Charles Edwin Bolles photographer.
Mystic Seaport, Rosenfeld Collection, Charles Edwin Bolles photographer