New York Pennsylvania Station, New York City, New York, copy of drawing, 1906
copy negative; black-and -white negativePHOTOGRAPHS - GLASS NEGATIVES
Rosenfeld and Sons
USA, NY, New York
emulsion on glass
overall: 3 1/4 x 4 in.;image: 1 3/4 x 3 in.
3 1/4" x 4" emulsion on glass negative copied by Rosenfeld and Sons. Image is a copy of a drawing of the exterior view of the building called Pennsylvania Station, also known as Penn Station, of New York City, New York. The original railroad building for Penn Station was designed by McKim, Mead, and White and completed in 1910. The financial backer who started the station was A.J. Cassatt, President of the Pennsylvania Rail Road from 1899 to 1906 who died several years after work had been started on the station. The image is outlined with black paper and taped with red tape at the edges to a secondary glass piece to protect the emulsion. Object has a typed white paper caption glued along the right and a small, round, red dot in the lower left corner. Image is not original but copied by the Rosenfelds from possibly postcards, old books, etc. The Rosenfeld given numbers on each object corresponds with the dates of being copied as ca. 1923. The typed paper caption reads: "New York, N.Y. Pennsylvania / Station" and handwritten in pencil, "McKim" and in black ink, "1906", and in red pencil, "23". Type copied from original on the verso states: "PENNSYLVANIA STATION, NEW YORK CITY / 26" and below to the left, "3A-H1286". CREDIT LINE: Mystic Seaport, Rosenfeld Collection.
Mystic Seaport, Rosenfeld Collection