LONE STAR underway, 1927

glass negative

PHOTOGRAPHS - SOFT NEGATIVES
Rosenfeld and Sons
July 7, 1927
emulsion on glass; glass plate negative
overall: 5 x 7 in.

5x7glass plate negative photographed by Rosenfeld and Sons, July 7, 1927. Image of port quarter view of LONE STAR underway with five crewmen on deck. Typed on the original negative sleeve: " 7/7/27 / Tug "Lone Star"". Written on original sleeve: "Box 1826". LONE STAR was built in 1927 in Newburgh, NY (H.A. Marvel) for the Lone Star Cement Company and powered by a 530 horsepower New London Ship and Engine Company diesel engine. (Merchant Vessels of the United States, 1928 lists owners as Louisiana Portland Cement Co., New Orleans, LA). CREDIT LINE: Mystic Seaport, Rosenfeld Collection. DUP 1


1984.187.23610F

Mystic Seaport, Rosenfeld Collection


Related Subjects

thumbnail Tugboats
View